There are lots of fun things to do in South Florida and many events cost little or no money. As we approach summer, here is a list of some fun things to do:
1) Everglades holiday Park "Free Swamp Walk", 21940 Griffin Road - 954-434-8111
Picnic areas. Crowded on weekends. Airboat rides (fee).
2) Paradise Cove at C B Smith Park, Flamingo and Johnson Street - 954-357-5170
Our park across the street has the best water slides and water fun around!
$8.50 per person. After 3PM $5.50 Parking fee $1.50 (applies on weekends only)
3) Fox Observatory at Markham Park, 16001 W state Road 84 - 954-389-7000
Free observing through from sunset until midnight.
4) Chapel Trail Park Nature Preserve, 19800 Sheridan Street - 954-435-6520
Walk out to the wetlands and explore nature on the boardwalk.
No charge for the park. Open daily from 7:30 am until dusk.
Canoe rentals available Saturday mornings: $7/hr or $15 from 8:30 am - 12 :30 pm
5) Tradewinds Park, 3600 W. Sample Road - 954-357-8870
Visit the park's farm and museum. Tradewinds Farm raised horses and there is horseback riding.
Open seven days a week. 8am - 6 pm Daylight Saving Time hours to 7:30pm
Free weekdays. Admission $1.50 on weekends